I collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
I may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to email address, first and last name, phone number, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, and country.
When you purchase Meg Black Studio products and services, sign up for free plans, reports, webinars, or checklists, or subscribe to email newsletters and alerts, you voluntarily provide us with information about yourself, your business and your practices. This includes your email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information as Ill as cookies and usage data.
You may interact with our site by posting comments on the blog or using our learning management system. The information you share in those places may be public depending on where you share it. If shared on a social media site that I operate, your data will also be subject to the policies of that site.
I may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided at the bottom of any email I send. If, after opting out, you continue to receive emails from us, please contact us immediately. I never want to send email to someone who doesn’t want it.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
If you are uncomfortable with the collection of such information, I encourage you to update the settings in your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, please note that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
Use of Email Data:
Meg Black Studio uses your email address to:
- To provide and maintain product and service information
- To notify you about updates to products and services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on my website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that I can improve my products and services
- To monitor the usage of my site pages
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about new artwork, services and events which I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Meg Black Studio may process your Personal Data because:
- I need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- Payments must be processed
- The law requires it
Retention of Data
Meg Black Studio will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our sites and services, or I are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that I transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it here.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I make every effort to ensure the security and integrity of our systems, I cannot guarantee our measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Meg Black Studio aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what personal data I hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information I have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information I have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Meg Black Studio relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that I may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
I may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
I may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is an analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
I use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors) for our products and services.
Links to Other Sites
I do not market to nor seek to serve anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If I become aware that I have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, I take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Meg Black Studio